Capoeira is an intense physical activity, and in the hot season it’s crucial to replenish your body liquids during training and play.
Commercial sports drinks are expensive and often full of artificial ingredients, even when they claim “natural” on the label…, so here are a few low cost, homemade healthy alternatives, coming up in order of simplicity:
2) water+Emergen-C, in the winter it keeps cold away, in the summer it keeps fatigue away.
3) natural Electro-ade
- 1 quart filtered water
- 2 tablespoons unpasteurized or raw honey
- big pinch of unrefined sea salt
- ¼ cup juice from fresh, organic lemons
4) Here is a recipe for a more articulated and flavored sports drink:
- 1 quart of liquid (options: green tea, herbal teas, coconut water, plain water, etc)
- ?-1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt (regular table salt will work, but it doesn’t have all the trace minerals)
- ¼ to ½ tsp crushed calcium magnesium tablets or powder (optional)
- ¼ cup or more of juice (optional e.g.: grape, apple, lemon, lime, pineapple, etc)
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener (optional)- can use honey, for low calorie sweetener brew a stevia leaf into the base www.cheapxanaxpriceonline.com liquid for the most natural option
- Brew tea if using
- Add sea salt and calcium magnesium (let the tea cool down a little if using)
- Add juice and stir or shake well
- Cool and store in fridge until ready to use
5) Finally this is a recipe for a supercharged yet light smoothie from our Naturally Delicious Health Coach (a.k.a.) Mariposa
- 1 bunch of kale, finely chopped
- 1-2 grated carrots
- 3 cups boiled water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Add kale, carrot and water to a blender and puree very well, about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and blend for 10-15 seconds more.
- Serve warm or place in the fridge and serve chilled.
- Add a slice of ginger or a dash of cayenne pepper for an added kick
This smoothie gives energy and nourishment without weighing you down. Kale is high in iron and vitamin k, it has super amounts of fiber and is anti anti- inflammatory. As a sport drink it provides cardiovascular support. Carrots have vitamin A so it helps to cleanse the body and maintain beautiful skin. Coconut milk helps maintaining blood sugar levels it’s a fat that’s high in fiber and it’s rich in magnesium.